Tuesday, July 31, 2007

I don't like Faux News either but Ridley is right...

I really don't like Fox News. Often I disagree with MSNBC commentator John Ridley, though that is because of his dismissal of non-MSM writers and far left thinking rather than because I think he is wrong. But in the case of whether Democrats should appear on Fox News I have to agree with him. Those in the liberal blogosphere, many of whom I like and respect, who say that Democrats should not appear on Fox News because it legitimizes it are wrong. It is already the highest cable news network. The difference is that rather than writing Fox News viewers off, as some have done, I think we should be able make our case to them as well. As biased as Fox News is the story becomes even more one-sided if when people from the left are invited on they decline. In that case no matter what Fox does we will never get to these people and if we truly want change we cannot simply write-off 25% of the American population.
The article is below the fold.
From the Huffington Post:
So I was going through my favorite news, information, pop culture websites this past weekend when I came across an interesting post. It was put up by your typical anonymous responder #54 (okay, truth be told he was the first responder on the thread, but I'm pretty sure Guido was not the cat's true name) who blasted Sen. Russ Feingold (D-Wis) for appearing on Fox News Sunday as being "this week's FOX Democrat. Shame on him."

Put a hex on Feingold for showing up on Fox news?

Okay, disclosure: I'm from Wisconsin, and cast my last presidential vote there. Except for McCarthy and Dahmer I like all things Badger State.

That said, I saw Feingold on FNS. He acquitted himself excellently.

Excellently!

Chris Wallace asked questions that could be considered only somewhat vast rightwing conspiracy slanted, if at all. But there was certainly nothing from so far left...well, right field that Feingold couldn't handle it. Why, then, "shame on him" for NOT being afraid to take it to the "other guy's" house and state his case? For me the shame oughta be on guys like Guido; the left leaners who want to flay Democrats for having the meat to stand in the Foxlight.

Obviously, Fox News makes its bank in extreme opinion. I've already registered my disgust with John Gibson who is NOT a racist. He's just an old white guy who thinks white people oughta maintain their white dominance by having lots of white babies. But does Fox opine any less than Keith Olbermann or Chris Matthews over at MSNBC (another disclosure, I co host Morning Joe on the network, though I hope by now that's not actually a disclosure for anyone anymore)?

The far left fringe feasting on their own is, of course, hardly a new phenomenon. There are nearly half a dozen pejoratives reserved for any liberal who would dare to be a guest of "the enemy." Quite ironic when you consider that House Speaker Nancy had no fear of slapping on a do-rag and having a siddown with actual "enemy" Syrian President Bashar al-Assad (as have Republicans), and in light of the current Obama/Clinton dust up over Obama's remarks that he would go "toe to toe with the leaders of rogue nations."

And why not? if Nixon could stare down China, if Reagan could do the same to the Soviets, why should the Dems cower before aggressors?

They shouldn't.

Read the full article

0 comments:

RECENT POSTS