Wednesday, June 20, 2007

A great response to the Salman Rushdie controversy..

This is from Acid Test. It captures my sentiments perfectly. I posted an excerpt below.

"If Rushdie’s knighthood is a huge insult that demands an apology and a retraction of the offending knighthood, then there a few other insults that need to be addressed.

I am deeply offended by the treatment of women in many countries. A heartfelt apology is certainly in order, but even more, I want a retraction. Get rid of all those laws that deprive women of freedom of movement, of the right to vote, of something so damn basic as the right to choose their own clothing.

I am terribly offended that there are still governments who censor political speech. I want to see those practices stopped now, thank you."

Full Article here

0 comments:

RECENT POSTS